Friday, August 1, 2008

The day daddy met little buddy

So today is a day that both Matt and I have been looking forward to ever since i started to feel Cash kick. Matt has wanted to feel him kick so bad so when he did today it was such a fun thing. The story starts like this...

I was reading in my pregnancy book that you can hear the baby's heartbeat with a stethoscope after 18 weeks, so now that I am almost 20 I thought I'd be able to hear it. I was lying on the floor and Matt was trying to find his heartbeat with the stethoscope and all of a sudden we SAW him kick the stethoscope! You'd think that he was too small to move like that but he must have been real mad we were squishing him. So really if you want to be technical I guess Matt saw a kick before he felt it! Then after that he kicked probably 7 or 8 more times. I had fruity pebbles for breakfast and I'm thinking he was feeling the sugar high!

So the moral of the story is... If you want to see your baby's athletic ability give him the breakfast of champions!

4 comments:

Danna said...

That is so cool! I can't wait until I can feel the baby moving around. I can always feel where it's at, but I haven't really felt it kick yet. I love when the dad's to be get so excited about everything! It makes it more fun :) Congrats on the athletic little boy!

Jackie Pettit said...

How fun! I love pregnancy! It is the most amazing miracle ever. Enjoy it!

The Frame Family said...

It's such an amazing feeling when they start to move and kick! But it's even more amazing when you can actually start to SEE them move! I remember when we saw Ko kick for the first time...CRAZY!!

Marcae said...

Yay! That is so exciting. I have to say that this is the most exciting part of your pregnancy and it just gets better. Hope you are feeling great!