Sunday, August 10, 2008





This blog is a little late but I figure better late than never. It was my mom's birthday in the end of July. To understand the significance of the present we got her you have to understand my mom's devotion to her dog. She loves that dog like one of her kids. All of us are leaving and my parents are going to be "empty nesters" and my mom feels like all she has left is her dog. 

Okay... so back to the story... The dog tore her ACL and could barely walk and my parents thought we were going to have to put her down because the surgery was almost $2000. So for my mom's birthday we surprised her and we all pitched in and my dad scheduled the surgery. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and each of us gave her an envelope with a piece of the puzzle/note that told her what we were doing. She was so happy that she started crying. If you know my mom, you know that's a big deal. I think I can count the number of times she's cried on one hand. Anyway... It was pretty cool to give her something that really mattered. Happy Birthday Mama!

No comments: