Friday, July 18, 2008

The need for big mama pants

So I've been having a really large struggle (literally) with my growing figure. I love the belly part but I CANNOT for the life of me bring myself to buy maternity jeans. I've worked up to it a few times and gone shopping but that's as far as it goes. I see the jeans with the elastic waistbands and I just can't bring myself to even try them on. I just look at them and I turn around and walk out of the store. It is a sad sad situation! So I've resorted to wearing my regular jeans with really long shirts to cover up the fact that they are ALL THE WAY undone underneath! The rubber-band trick has been working thus far but I'm seriously concerned about when I'm too big for that trick. I've heard that belly bands are a glorious thing. Anyone have any advice???

4 comments:

Danna said...

Ya I was about to tell you that you should invest in a belly band. There is a girl I work with who has them and she absolutely loves them. She said it is also good for after you have the baby during the transition stage where your maternity pants are just too big and your regular pants still don't fit. I think you should look into those. I am definately going to buy one. I almost did the other day, but I wanted to look around a little bit. I have a website for where to get them, but I can't remember it. I will get it to you. I know mimi maternity has them. Anyway, good luck! I am not looking forward to wearing them either it it makes you feel any better. Thankfully my pants still fit at the moment. I'm sure that won't last for long though.

The Frame Family said...

Belly bands are AWESOME!! Except at about 8 months I had to resort to the maternity jeans because my booty became a little more booty-licious if you know what I mean! Also go to babiesrus.com and they have these things that you attach to the button of your pants...they kind of do the same thing as a rubber band, but they work and look a lot better!

Heather said...

Motherhood sells maternity pants that have a zipper and button. The magic is in the side panels that expand. My sister had some that were really cute.

shelbell said...

Hey! Amber, you blog! Kayla told me and yep, here you are. It's such a great way to keep in touch and see what's going on...especially since I am SO out of the loop living in NM and all. So, first, congrats! I didn't even know you were prego...and a boy, ah, I just LOVE little boys. So happy for you two.
Second, um, whats a belly band? Its been a couple years since my pregnancy so but I don't remember those at all. I say bite the bullet and buy a pair of maternity jeans, they are pretty comfy, and nobody can see that stupid band with all the cute shirts you'll be wearing! Have you seen the huge bands that cover your whole stomach(like our moms wore). Those were the ones that really had me scared.