Saturday, November 29, 2008

saying goodbye to the boy




So it's taken me a little bit. Ty went into the MTC on November 12 and I'm just barely blogging about it. I'm a bad blogger, I know.
Anyway... Ty is doing great! It was way hard to say goodbye to the boy. We were all gushing tears! He's the only boy so this is our only missionary and it was kind of hard! People say that it gets easier but we're only doing it once so I guess we'll never know.
He sure keeps us entertained though! His letters are super funny. Tyler will be Tyler :) In his last letter he told us that he was honored that we would have Cash's middle name be Tyler. Uh... Even though it's always been Cash Matthew. He says that this is the first time he's actually had to study. Which for him is a big deal. He's a super smart kid! It's funny though because his english is starting to slip a little bit. It will be interesting to see how his english is in the end of his mission :)
Love and miss you buddy!


3 comments:

The Frame Family said...

It's wierd...I have 3 brothers, and the only one I really even cared about leaving was my little brother. It was SO hard for me this last time! I'm sure it might have had to do with my raging hormones (Ko was only 2 weeks old when he left and I cried at the drop of a hat)! Oh and your little belly is so cute! I say LITTLE because compared to mine, it's TINY!! You're lucky! And you are a super hot prego mama!!

Jessica said...

Oh it makes me sad looking at these pictures. It brings back memories of when my brothers left. Your poor mom! It will go by fast though and pretty soon Ty will be back with a little nephew to wrestle with.

Jackie Pettit said...

Oh TyTy! I can't believe he is on a mission already! :(